Practical Cure Definition/Projects
Out of 382 projects in human clinical trials, only 7 target a type 1 Practical Cure.
Click on this link of Practical Cure Projects to find out information about their timeframes and progress.
What constitutes a Practical Cure? It must follow these guidelines:
- Minimal Monitoring
- Does not require blood glucose monitoring beyond once a week
- Keeps A1C levels between 5 and 7.
- Free Diet
- Does not restrict a patient’s diet
- Does not require carb counting
- Reasonable Meds
- If pharmacological, an easily managed regime
- Sleep Worry Free
- Allows patients to sleep care free
- Minimal Side Effects
- Best case: Zero side effects
- Acceptable: Insignificant / non-invasive side effects
- Fast Recovery (if surgical)
- If surgical, less than 72 hours recovery