- The Juvenile Diabetes Cure Alliance (“JDCA”) is seeking to form a paradigm-shifting coalition of donors who will work together to facilitate a cure for type 1 diabetes by 2025.
- The JDCA was formed after performing extensive diligence on the type 1 philanthropic landscape, during which the JDCA discovered that none of the existing type 1 charities allocate their funding in a manner that maximizes their chances for developing a cure by a certain date.
- The JDCA will be a unique organization. It will focus on becoming the independent analyst of the type I diabetes philanthropic landscape.
- It will do so by hiring a team of independent analysts who will develop a deep understanding of the operations of the major charities and the methods and prospects of achieving a cure by 2025.
- JDCA analysts will publish regular research reports on major type 1 research organizations within the context of their ability to develop a
cure by 2025, and through this process seek to represent and independently update the donor community.
- As the JDCA builds its capabilities, insight and reputation the JDCA will advise donors on how to maximize their chances of directly contributing to a cure for type 1 diabetes by 2025.
- The JDCA will provide a framework for donors to communicate directly with research organizations and voice their desire for more efficient, more cure-focused operations.